For all those looking to keep their kinks nourished all year round, you've come to the right place! This hair and beard balm can be used on men and women to provide much needed moisture for anyone that struggles with dry tresses.
What You'll Need:
2 tbs beeswax
2 tbs shea butter
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs cocoa butter
1 tbs jojoba oil
1/2 tsp Vitamin E oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil 20 drops orange essential oil
1 Pot for Boiling water
1 Glass bowl (that can be placed inside pot)
1 Sterilized tin (disinfected with 70% alcohol)
1 Spoon for stirring
Optional: Blender (For a whipped balm)
What To Do:
1. Place beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, and cocoa butter inside the clean and dry glass bowl. (Be sure no water is inside the bowl.)
2. Heat up boiling water in a pot, then place the glass bowl with above ingredients into the pot to belt the butters/wax (double boiling method). Keep the heat very low so the butters do not burn. I personally turn off the fire after water boils and let the heat from the water melt the butters. (Be sure no water gets inside the bowl.)
3. Once mixture is melted, stir the butters and remove the glass bowl from the heat. Cover with a napkin or paper towel and let it cool down 10 mins.
4. Add the jojoba oil, vitamin e oil, rosemary oil, and orange oil to mix. Stir well for about 30 seconds.
5. Pour the mix into a sterilized jar/tin and allow it to cool uncovered for up to an hour. I place a napkin on top and pop it in the freezer for 10-15 mins when I am in a rush.
6. Place lid on the jar/tin and keep it in a cool dry area. That's it! Now enjoy your moisturizing balm!
How To Use: Apply to wet or dry hair/beard as often as needed. Tip: Comb through hair for even distribution. This mix can also be used on the skin and eyebrows as a moisturizer.
What It Does:
Coconut Oil - Nourishes and restores dry hair
Shea Butter - Conditions and moisturizes
Cocoa Butter - Conditions and softens hair
Beeswax - Retains the moisture to keep hair hydrated
Jojoba oil - Conditions dry hair
Vitamin E - Moisturizing and natural preservative
Rosemary oil - Aids in Hair growth
Orange Oil - Pleasant aroma and supports skin repair